Slackers One Dot One Drop

Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action. Benjamin Disraeli

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Life - rightside up.. hopefully

Back at my own home now and with the confinement lady (CL), both Bun and I are able to sleep at night. Little Jerren is now waking up to a certain routine; 1am, 3am, 5am... thats roughly the schedule. The CL is taking care of little Jerren at night now and I realised she is feeding him 70-75ml of formula. I thought its a bit overfeeding. Another thing I discovered about the CL is that she is wasting a lot of my water and electricity!!!! She lets the water run even though the pail is darn full and the water just flows away like nobody's business. I told her to turn off the tap once the pail is full cos water is costly in Singapore! When I told Bun about it, he mentioned its likely that water is cheap in Msia, hence she might not be conscious about it. Yeah... right...

Nevertheless, she is experienced with babies. She is able to bath Jerren with the little one crying and struggling. She is able to comfort him and handle him better. I have learned a thing or two from her and is able to cope better now. I picked up the way to carry Jerren so that he does not cries so much and is more expert in diaper changing and wearing of his little baby clothes.

However, I wonder how I am going to cope when CL leaves in about 2 weeks, meaning I will be the only one at home during the day and may be the main person to take care of him at night. This will only mean 1 thing - No life! Sigh... Bun told me to give Jerren to the nanny whom we have found during the 3rd month so that Jerren can adjust to her better when I return to work. However, I will miss him.... sobs..

I think my thoughts are kinda messy in this post... just like my life now. When I saw Bun tapping away on his laptop last night, I wonder... His life seems to have return more or less in order to the time b4 little Jerren whereby he goes to work, returns home, watches tv, playing with Jerren for a little while and Zzzz... Whereas for me, its diapers, shit, milk, pump, diapers, shit, milk, pump.

Its not fair, isnt it?

3 Comments:

  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger LV said…

    In time, you will find that all your sacrifices will pay cause he will want Mummy more than Daddy. ;p
    Why don't you consider moving back to your mom's place during Daytime for 2nd/3rd mth cos Little Jerren will more or less have schedule and be easier?

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Slacker said…

    move to my mum's place again?? after 1 week there... I dont think I want to move back again. I think mum has become grouchy eversince she took care of my grandma.. I dont want JErren or myself to be her burden again

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    U got a nanny for him?
    Stay-in or?
    Can u rest ur mind?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home