In labour-literally labourious
I think I omitted to post about my labour all this while...
25th June 2010-Woke up early in the morning and went for a Macdonald bf with Bun before he went to work. When I reached home about 8.30am, I went to the toilet and then realised some liquid flowing out from under...
Me: Cant be ba... so accurate meh? Its my bday today le. Let me celebrate it first ba.
Went to check the internet for "what happens when your waterbag burst?" The website suggests that if you are unsure if its the waterbag or just urine, go and lie down for 45 min and see if more water leaks.
Called Bun... No answer
Thats what I did. I lay on the bed and 45min later, I went to the toilet again. This time, lots of water flowed out.
Me: Shit...
Called Bun... No answer
Called the Gynea and told him about it. He advised me to go to hospital now.
Called Bun... No answer
Went to pack my overnight bag and dump a few more remaining items into it. Sms Yoke and Zhen that appointments are cancelled as waterbag burst.
Called Bun... No answer
Called Bun... No answer
Luckily Yoke called and was even more worried than I was. She said she will take a cab and lobang me to hospital. I was relieved.
Called Bun... No answer
Left a msg "waterbag burst. will go hospital with Yoke"
Grabbed my bag and waited for Yoke downstairs. I was not in pain or anything as the contractions have not come in yet.
It was a raining day. A preggie with her water bag burst and a good friend with a baby were on our way to hospital. It was a hilarious sight actually.
Called Bun... No answer
I was wheeled into the delivery room upon admission and the nurses checked. Only 1.5cm dilation. Baby's head was still too high up. The nurse told me it will probably take a long time.
Bun called... finally...
Me: In delivery room now.. you better come.
Bun: On my way!
By noon, I was no way near delivery yet so they inserted a pill to induce the process.
The nurses was sweet enough to give me a cake for my bday. I celebrated my bday in the delivery ward... I guess its an experience unforgetable.
The contractions started gradually throughout the afternoon and night. I was sent to a normal ward to rest and scheduled to return to the delivery room 8am the next day.
By 10pm, I told Bun to go back and rest. I tried to sleep as I was extremely tired... but the contractions were coming strong and fast. By 12am, I could bear it no more and called the nurses.
Me: V painful...
Nurse: You want to go into the delivery room now?
Me: Now..? V pain but maybe I endure first..?
(cos I tot of Bun whom just reached home and may be starting to rest)
Nurse: I check with the doctor first.
Nurse: Doctor says its better to go into delivery room now. You pack up first. I help u there.
In the delivery ward.
Nurse: How do you want your birth options? Any epidural?
Me: No, just the gas.
Nurse: Okay, here's the gas, just breath in and out when the contraction is starting
Bun arrived pretty fast and it was a waiting game for all of us.
The pain is extreme. Its like 1000 times of the serious mentrual cramps. Hrs passed by and I was getting very tired and sleepy but the pain prevented me from falling asleep. Bun told me to take the epidural if its really so painful. Stubborn me din.
8cm.
Nurses prepared me to push. Once the contraction started, I was to push like I never pushed before. Its freaking... like extreme constipation. Its like a giantic big piece of whatever stuck inside and refused to come out no matter how hard I pushed. I was kind of frantic and paranoid that it will be stuck inside forever.
It din help that one of the nurses kept saying: You are pushing it wrong! Should use your abdominal strength instead! you are wasting your energy like tat!
Me: !!!!!!!
If I had more strength, I would have gave her a hard kick on her ass!
I was like pushing and pushing forever and someone out there told me can see the head... don push first. Hold! But the urge to push was so strong and I could feel something trying to pop out too!
By then, my gynea came and bb was ready to come out. The details I could not remember and was too shack to notice. I can only feel the irregular shape of the shoulders, body, feet sliding out of me. Finally...
They brought my bloody baby to me. All I could say was "oh, ok" and I raised my white flag.
25th June 2010-Woke up early in the morning and went for a Macdonald bf with Bun before he went to work. When I reached home about 8.30am, I went to the toilet and then realised some liquid flowing out from under...
Me: Cant be ba... so accurate meh? Its my bday today le. Let me celebrate it first ba.
Went to check the internet for "what happens when your waterbag burst?" The website suggests that if you are unsure if its the waterbag or just urine, go and lie down for 45 min and see if more water leaks.
Called Bun... No answer
Thats what I did. I lay on the bed and 45min later, I went to the toilet again. This time, lots of water flowed out.
Me: Shit...
Called Bun... No answer
Called the Gynea and told him about it. He advised me to go to hospital now.
Called Bun... No answer
Went to pack my overnight bag and dump a few more remaining items into it. Sms Yoke and Zhen that appointments are cancelled as waterbag burst.
Called Bun... No answer
Called Bun... No answer
Luckily Yoke called and was even more worried than I was. She said she will take a cab and lobang me to hospital. I was relieved.
Called Bun... No answer
Left a msg "waterbag burst. will go hospital with Yoke"
Grabbed my bag and waited for Yoke downstairs. I was not in pain or anything as the contractions have not come in yet.
It was a raining day. A preggie with her water bag burst and a good friend with a baby were on our way to hospital. It was a hilarious sight actually.
Called Bun... No answer
I was wheeled into the delivery room upon admission and the nurses checked. Only 1.5cm dilation. Baby's head was still too high up. The nurse told me it will probably take a long time.
Bun called... finally...
Me: In delivery room now.. you better come.
Bun: On my way!
By noon, I was no way near delivery yet so they inserted a pill to induce the process.
The nurses was sweet enough to give me a cake for my bday. I celebrated my bday in the delivery ward... I guess its an experience unforgetable.
The contractions started gradually throughout the afternoon and night. I was sent to a normal ward to rest and scheduled to return to the delivery room 8am the next day.
By 10pm, I told Bun to go back and rest. I tried to sleep as I was extremely tired... but the contractions were coming strong and fast. By 12am, I could bear it no more and called the nurses.
Me: V painful...
Nurse: You want to go into the delivery room now?
Me: Now..? V pain but maybe I endure first..?
(cos I tot of Bun whom just reached home and may be starting to rest)
Nurse: I check with the doctor first.
Nurse: Doctor says its better to go into delivery room now. You pack up first. I help u there.
In the delivery ward.
Nurse: How do you want your birth options? Any epidural?
Me: No, just the gas.
Nurse: Okay, here's the gas, just breath in and out when the contraction is starting
Bun arrived pretty fast and it was a waiting game for all of us.
The pain is extreme. Its like 1000 times of the serious mentrual cramps. Hrs passed by and I was getting very tired and sleepy but the pain prevented me from falling asleep. Bun told me to take the epidural if its really so painful. Stubborn me din.
8cm.
Nurses prepared me to push. Once the contraction started, I was to push like I never pushed before. Its freaking... like extreme constipation. Its like a giantic big piece of whatever stuck inside and refused to come out no matter how hard I pushed. I was kind of frantic and paranoid that it will be stuck inside forever.
It din help that one of the nurses kept saying: You are pushing it wrong! Should use your abdominal strength instead! you are wasting your energy like tat!
Me: !!!!!!!
If I had more strength, I would have gave her a hard kick on her ass!
I was like pushing and pushing forever and someone out there told me can see the head... don push first. Hold! But the urge to push was so strong and I could feel something trying to pop out too!
By then, my gynea came and bb was ready to come out. The details I could not remember and was too shack to notice. I can only feel the irregular shape of the shoulders, body, feet sliding out of me. Finally...
They brought my bloody baby to me. All I could say was "oh, ok" and I raised my white flag.


2 Comments:
At 2:01 PM,
Unknown said…
haa!
now u wont complain about menstrual cramps liao..keke..
bun needs to explain y he's not picking up ur calls!!
At 1:04 PM,
Slacker said…
i seldom complain abt menstrual pain anyway...
Post a Comment
<< Home