Slackers One Dot One Drop

Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action. Benjamin Disraeli

Friday, June 02, 2006

PROMS - (Pre ROM Syndrome)

Believe it or not - Its 2 June 2006
Believe it or not - Its 3.27 in the morning (when not even the sun has woken up)
Believe it or not - Its my ROM day
Believe it or not - Its 3.27am on my ROM day...
(When I am supposed to be catching up on my beauty sleep)

Alright, I cant get to sleep. Too excited? Perhaps. Getting nervous? Perhaps. People always say the bride has to get maximum amount of rest to look fantastic on her big day. Yeah, but since it IS her BIG DAY, the more she cannot get to sleep with all the excitement buzzing around. Please, unless she pops some sleeping pills, she will need all the sheep in the world for her to count.

I tried to sleep at 12am just now, the earliest I could after I returned home from a so-called Hen Night with 2 friends. Actually, instead of calling it a Hen Night, it was more of a gathering with a steamboat buffet at Taka. Geez... I tried my best to control the inflow of food le. Think I drank more soup in order to fill my stomach faster. Smart huh? ^_^

We were wandering around aimlessly around Orchard Road while trying to persuade another friend to stay slightly longer so that we can go for a drink. Being easily influenced, we soon won her over in a matter of minutes, Ha....

We ended the night by lazing on the sofa at one of the pubs at the Esplanade. It was there we discovered the hidden talent of our friend.

Me: Try mine.
She1: Ok... (sipping) wa... so much liquer taste ah?
My other friend and I tried hers...

Me: Liew... yours got even more liquer lor!
She1: Got meh? Tastes like orange juice leh.
Me: Duh!

This friend of ours finished her big glass of gin+orange juice in a matter of minutes and kept saying she was cold, while the other 2 of us were already pretty warmed up by the drink.

In the end, we concluded she might be raised on the diet of liquer instead of the usual milk when young. Ha...

(Alright, its 3.45am now. I better try harder to fall asleep.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home